Monday, October 1, 2012

What does fall mean in your neck of the woods?

Here's our forecast for the week:

I can't believe it's already getting close to freezing here. Thank goodness for the lovely seat-heaters in my car! They do a wonderful job of keeping my buns nice and toasty.

Back in California, where my parents live, it's still pushing 90+! Fall hasn't found them yet. I'm a little jealous of that. 

Here in Flagstaff, fall has officially arrived, which means chilly mornings, warm, breezy afternoons, and cuddly nights. I haven't opened our coat closet yet, but I have brought out boots, scarfs, and long sleeved shirts. It's beautiful outside in the afternoons, but my office is frigid inside!

But my all time favorite thing about fall is college hockey season! My younger brother (my only sibling) plays for the Northern Arizona University Ice Jacks. NAU's mascot is a lumberjack, so that's where they get the Ice Jacks from. If you are around Flagstaff, click the linked image below to see the schedule of games.

Flagstaff, AZ NAU IceJacks Hockey

Hockey has been a huge part of our lives, with Weston playing since his was 3...maybe 4 years old, there hasn't been a year in our lives without hockey games. This past weekend was the first home game of the season, so my parents drove out to come watch.




I apologize for the crummy phone pics, all zoomed in and blurry, but I didn't think to bring my camera. 

In between periods, the fam and I had a little photo session in the stands:





Sam won't be happy that I posted that picture - I promise he doesn't normally look that crazy :) But it was really nice to have the whole family in the stands cheering Weston on, it reminded me of being young again, living with my parents, and being forced going to all of Weston's games. 


Sorry Texas Tech, we kind of slaughtered you...Weston even made the first goal of the night! First goal of the season, actually! Go # 7!

That's what our weekend had in store for us. How about you? What's your go-to fall activity?

I'm linking up today with Lisa from Lisa Leonard Designs! Check out her blog and store for handmade jewelry made in my home county!


No comments:

Post a Comment