Thursday, April 5, 2012

Mom - in - laws

This week I get the extreme pleasure of hanging out with my Mamma Dearest! It's the first time we've seen each other since Sam and I got engaged. She's been SO excited to see the ring, the dress, all the ideas that we have, and spend some quality time with her kiddos!

Wedding plans are full swing ahead - we have spent the week putting invitations together, which Sam and I designed and are putting together by hand. Here's a pic of my Mom and my new Mom working hard with those invites, which BTW are beaUTIFUL! I am so grateful to have such wonderful women in my life who are handy at the sewing machine, great at paper cutters, and just down right support-full of Sam and I's new life together.

It's been a while since I've posted so here is a look back over the last few months of our engaged lives.

This is our ridiculous puppy, Kona. She's a yogurtaholic.
This is how she likes to sleep at night. A blanket MUST be wedged all around her.... ok, I'll admit she's spoiled, but we love her, and in return, she loves us right back!
Sam took me out on a Heffelfinger Adventure to Grand Falls, AZ. This little gem is located on the Navajo Reservation about 40 minutes outside of town and only flows when the snow is melting. In this picture it's only flowing about 1/4 of its capacity, but still beautiful. (Please don't make fun of my paleness - that's the first time I've worn a tank all year!)
 We were able to make one more trip to Telluride, CO in March for our dear friend, Chad's, birthday. We even managed to catch a few inches of soft powder on the second day. This picture was taken on St. Patty's day, we were eating lunch and experiencing our first GREEN beer!
And lastly, like every soon-to-be bride, I've been hitting the gym to get in shape for the big day!... ok, that's a lie, because technically I teach the classes that I go to - including cycle so I'm obligated to "hit the gym". But I've been putting in at least 1 extra day at the gym, outside of classes. BUT, look who decided to join our cycle class! Lil' Brother Weston!! He even admitted that my class kicked his butt! It's been a family affair at the gym as of lately, our cousin Kylie Powell works there, Weston works out there, Sam comes to my classes, and I'm an instructor. We've definitely made our legacy at Northern Arizona University.

And speaking of NAU, Sam is on his last leg of finishing his MASTER's in engineering at NAU. I'm so incredibly proud of him, he's been working so hard to get this done, on top of planning a secret proposal, and now a wedding, and working full time as a design engineer, AND writing this brilliant thesis, I don't know how he isn't going crazy. Please send your thoughts and prayers during these final weeks before he defends his work and becomes a MASTER OF ENGINEERING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment