Monday, September 10, 2012

Late Night Painting

After seeing all of these beautiful images, I got a wild hair up my you-know-where and decided to give it a go in my living room.


Click the photo to go to the original source.

 

 

 052212-sarah.jpg 
 

 So, you know....When the hubby is away, the wifey will play! I whipped out my painters tape and started measuring the space to make sure I had it all right. 

I'm sure Sam would have laughed at me trying to stand on the fireplace mantel to reach the ceiling (not recommended), trying to figure out how many points I should have if the space was 117" wide... I struggled with my nonexistent math skills until I had the tape perfect.

After an hour of staring at the perfectly taped chevron pattern, trying to decide what color to make it, mind you it's 9:00 at night already...I grabbed my keys and was about to head out the door when I happened to glance at my kitchen cabinets, which happen to be a creamy beige color...and I remembered that I had an extra gallon of that particular color in the garage already. 

Voila!

 Free paint = happy Leah.

So, I'm going to debut my chevron stripes now! I still need to redecorate the mantel, right now it's an assortment of things that don't have a home in our home yet. I'm also thinking a round mirror would be a better solution to the square one that's there now. I'm thinking bright green or yellow would look pretty snazzy!

So here goes:

Ok, I realize the Before picture is really a picture of the coffee table, but it's the only one I could find that remotely showed the mantel...use your imagination. 




 
 
 I most definitely peeled that tape off about 12.5 minutes after painting...Breaking painter's rules left and right! Did you know, that a q-tip with acetone will take off paint that accidentally got on the wrong side of the tape?

 Now you know. 

So, there you have it. What I do when Sam is away. Pardon the horrible phone pictures, I didn't think to take arsty-fartsy pictures until just now...too late. 

What do you think?? Do you agree that it needs something round to soften all those harsh lines? What colors should I pull up there? 

Happy Monday to you all!

OH, and PS - there are new products up at Floral + Ivory: sneak peek here:

Fall Wreath


 Check it out!


 


No comments:

Post a Comment