Thursday, November 1, 2012

A Heffelfinger Halloween and a really good Wednesday


Our first Halloween together as a married couple was...fairly uneventful. I ran home after work with the best of intentions to carve my pumpkin. But carving a pumpkin takes a lot of work and is messy and slimy, so I had a better idea.

Washi Tape.

Done.

I set up my pumpkin a long with some gourds that I've had on the mantle, and placed a bowl of candy on the stoop. I also grabbed my green and yellow bunting that's been hanging on my mantle and strung it across my window, though you can't see it in these pictures, I promise it's there!

And waalaa! Halloween decor - completed!


We had about 15 trick r' treaters, but our neighbors were giving away hot dogs and full size candy bars, so all the kids ditched our house for hers. The good thing is, we ran out of candy, and I don't have to worry about snacking on it anymore. 

And just as a Wednesday recap - it was a particularly good day for me for a few reasons:

1 - My new pillow shams came in (the actual duvet cover is somewhere in Tennessee...) but I'm excited to finally start putting some thought and decor to our master bedroom.

Amethyst Pintuck - In Room View

2 - Sam and I joined the Tobin James Wine Club the day before our wedding - when we took our wedding party wine tasting - and our first collection of fancy wine showed up yesterday!  


3 - Lisa Leonard was having a wonderful sale on a gorgeous piece from her new gold line of jewelry, and I happened to have a gift card, so I snagged myself a pretty new necklace for under $10! 

gold wildflower necklace
4. Like most people, Sam and I have a dumping ground in our house, it's on our kitchen table, and a little shelf right above the table too. It's pretty much been a pile of mail since we moved in. But yesterday I found an incredible deal on Pick Your Plum, $13 for 3 hanging file baskets! And they are adorable! I'm looking forward to doing a little post about how we went from piles of mail to nice organized baskets. 

And that's all! Whew! I love good deals and pretty things! Happy Thursday folks!

Oh, and one last thing, just a reminder: Dad's campaign has been doing really well on IndieGoGo, but we still need some help! So check out the link on the side bar and help! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment