Monday, October 29, 2012
Hello's and Workout #2
Linking up with Lisa from Lisa Leonard Designs (...FYI if you're wondering what to get a certain someone for Christmas, her jewelry, particularly, her new line of Gold, is to DIE FOR.)
Hello to birthday manicures! Left Hand.
Right Hand. Poo. I know ya'll wanted a close up of my dry cuticles. Sorry.
Hello to sleepy puppies and new friends.
Hello to quality outdoor time with the Hubs.
Hello to gifts from a wonderful friend and photographer.
And Hello to workout #2.
We did this workout on the BOSU this morning, but you could easily do it with just body weight. And sidenote - if you're looking to build a home gym, I cannot say enough good things about the BOSU - it's great for balance (core strength), stretching, stabilization, and cardio. It will whip you right into shape, and you really don't need any other equipment!
1. 3 Plank to sumo squat jumps - hold a plank, then jump into a super low sumo squat, as if you were about to catch a football, then quickly jump back to the plank.
2. 10 squats standing on the BOSU
3. 20 second plank with hands on the BOSU
4. 30 second mountain climb with hands on the BOSU
5. 40 cherry pickers sitting on the BOSU
Do 1 and 2, then 1, 2, and 3, then 1,2,3 and 4, and finally, 1,2,3,4 and 5.
3 Minute Cardio/Strength:
Do each exercise for 30 seconds, repeat 2 times for a total of 3 minutes.
1. Push ups with hands on the BOSU
2. Superman with flutter kicks on the BOSU
3. High knee run or run on/off the BOSU
5 Minute Cardio:
Do each exercise for 30 seconds, for a total of 5 minutes.
1. High knee run or run on/off the BOSU
2. Alternating right/left lunges with front foot on the BOSU
3. Mountain climbers with hands on the BOSU
1 Minute v-up hold
1 Minute superman hold
Repeat the 3 Minute Cardio/Strength, 5 Minute Cardio, and Core Strength exercises 2 times for a solid 40 minute sweaty workout!