Friday, August 23, 2013

Starting.


Sam and I celebrated our first anniversary a few weeks ago. I can't even begin to tell you how fast this year have gone. It's been incredible, and more everything than I could have imagined. It was harder in someways, easier in lots of ways, and just plain fun on most days. We had an extra hour of time left from our wedding photo package with our photographer, so we jumped at the chance to have some anniversary photos taken. Can't wait to get the rest of them back!

We recently started reading a book together. (We've found that reading together is a good way to begin some awesome conversations - having a common idea to start from, and setting the tone for a great discussion.) But first let me back up....


Months ago, our friends asked us to join them in attending Dave Ramsey's financial class, "Financial Peace University". The class itself probably deserves its own post... maybe another time. But a huge benefit of taking this class was learning about a fantastic writer, Jon Acuff, the author of the book that we're reading now. It's called, "Start.". Basically, the book chronicles the 5 majors steps to "becoming awesome" at something and how to START becoming awesome. I'm nearing the end of the book now, and it's definitely helping me to realize that blogging is not something that I have time for, instead is something that I need to MAKE time for. I may never be awesome at blogging, but it's something that I enjoy, and something that I hope helps to keep our Etsy store open. Jon Acuff would call this step "learning". I read a lot of blogs, more than I probably should admit....but the ladies behind these blogs are such amazing role models and examples of what I could only dream of this blog becoming some day. (If you're interested in seeing a list of the blogs that I LOVE, check it out here.) It's been over a month since I've posted anything here, and multiple months since I was posting regularly. As Jon Acuff states in his book, I'll never be awesome until I actually start - start learning, start making the time, start actually doing what it is that I say I want to do. (Obviously the phrase "actions speak louder than words" comes to mind.)

So...here's a risky move - putting your goals out on the interwebs for all to see, I'm hoping this is a means of holding myself responsible to my dreams. My first move is to get back into blogging, even if it's only one post a week - it's a start, and it's a step towards where I want to be. And I'm hoping that by posting this out here on the web, I'll start to get support for all of you! There ya, go! Welcome back to the blogging world, and until next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment