- Holiday Inn Express - 805.238.6500
2. Courtyard Marriot - 805.239.9700
3. La Quinta Inn and Suites - 805.239.3004
4. Hampton Inn and Suites - 805.226.9988
5. Best Western Plus Black Oak - 805.238.4740
Most of us these days are pretty computer savvy - so check expedia.com , hotels.com , or any other site that searches for the best deal around.
Here's a crappy map - but you can see approximately how close everything is - Creston (the location of the wedding) is about where the 229 is marked - towards the right side of the map. It's about 45 - 60 minutes to the coast, but staying in Templeton or Atascadero will be about 15 - 20 minutes from Creston (the same as Paso Robles) and about 10 - 15 minutes from Paso Robles.... I hope that makes sense....call me if you need help finding a place.
Ok, here comes the fun stuff - some of you have mentioned making this a fun family vacation, so Sam and I have also compiled a list of all our favorite things to do while on the Central Coast.
1. Wine Tasting - duh. The wedding party is going wine tasting on Friday, August 10 at 1:00pm. Anyone is welcome to join us, I even have a driver service that we can hire to drive your car around - WAY FUN! Totally recommend this. Or, hop on one of the many wine tasting tours - just Google "wine tasting tours Paso Robles". Done.
2. BEACHES! If you read the Central Coast news, you'll probably have heard about the kayaker that was just attacked by the great white shark....not to worry, this only happens if you smell really good... kidding. But there are tons of awesome beaches to hit up - San Simeon, Pismo, Avila, Cayucas, Morro Bay....a quick Google search will show you how to get there.
San Simeon - Family favorite - a great spot to stop if you are going to hit up Hearst Castle (which you should definitely do if you are new to the area)
Pismo - great place to rent horses, or ATV's and ride along the dunes.Can be crowded - but good people watching ;)
Avila - one of my favorites, it's got that Southern California feel, but most of the time, it's not near as crowded as Pismo.This is where I had my Junior Prom - little bit of history for ya!
3. Downtown Paso Robles - wine bar hope downtown, shop, or relax in the Park. It's an awesome city, and the downtown is really the heart of it.
4. Lake Nacimiento - another family favorite, we've spent soooo many days on this lake, it's fantastic. Fish from the shore, or bring your boat and go wake boarding, fun times! And only about 30 minutes from Paso Robles.
Ok, that's a lot of info for one post. But most important thing - get a hotel room ASAP - Paso Robles is a destination city for lots of folks in the summer time, so rooms will go fast. And again, feel free to contact me,or Sam, or our parents anytime. Cause again, we LOVE YOU ALL and want you to come and have a great weekend with us!
Don't forget to become a follower of this blog - it will help you stay instantly updated with changes in the game plan for the wedding day weekend, and makes us feel cool to know that you're following us :) Enter your email at the bottom of the page, or click JOIN THIS SITE at the top right. Easy Peasy.