Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Ramble and Workout #4

Sam and I spent last weekend with the Heffelfinger clan celebrating an early Thanksgiving. It was great fun, lots of pies, lots of laughter, oh, and dog fur. Dog. Fur. Everywhere. But a wonderful time, I'm so thankful to be a part of the family.


Since we celebrated with the family early, Sam and I will be volunteering at Hope Cottage in Flagstaff on actual Turkey Day. I think Jeanette's project got the ball rolling for us, and spending our time helping others has become somewhat of a theme the past few weeks. Hope Cottage is a shelter in town that offers a home for men, women, and children. It's so easy to forget how fortunate we are, and with the help of the Happy Day Project, it made me realize that it's not hard to spend a few hours helping others. Or even a few seconds! I'm still carrying around a Blessing Bag!
So, on another note. Dry. Skin. It's only November, and already my skin is peeling, cracking, flaking, and down right itchy. Like so, so, so, itchy. I'm pretty sure my bones are itchy. It's. That. Bad. I think it's worse this year than last year even. I could literally bath in a vat of Vaseline. Do you have an recommendations for helping this issue?? I feel like I'm dying.  No exaggeration here. My bathroom is overflowing with tubes, and jars, and bottles of lotions, cremes, and pastes, that don't seem to help. Help Me!


I'm really on a roll with this rambling. I have to share this with you. It's important. Especially if you have curly hair like I do. I've talked about BirchBox before here, but I'm going to remind you that it's AWESOME. It's basically like Sephora, but online. Anyway, I pay 10$/month to get a box of samples, which so far, has been awesome, pretty much guaranteed to come with at least one full sized product, and great coupons, and fun stuff that I wouldn't normally purchase. Ok, so today through December 15 you can buy and Miss Jessie's curly hair products for buy 1 get 1 free! Most of her products cost $22.00 or more, so this is a steal! 

Hand-picked beauty and lifestyle samples, delivered to your door for $10/month.

While I'm going on about random things, I'll put up Workout #4. I taught this last night in a class called Stretch and Tone. We do about 30 minutes of toning, and 30 minutes of foam rolling. Here's my toning workout, it's a good one, focusing on cardio, core, and upper body. We used a BOSU, but you could easily do it without one.

Workout #4 

Warm Up:
30 Jumping Jacks 

Cardio:
I use the song The Devil Went Down to Georgia...trust me, it will rock your world. 
Single squats throughout the entire song (Ouch) 
Pulsing squats during the chorus (there's 3)



Core:
:30 Left side plank (Feet on the BOSU)
:45 Mountain Climber (Hands on the BOSU) 
1:00 Crunches (Sitting on the front of the BOSU)
:45 Plank jacks (Hands on the BOSU) 
:30 Right side plank (Feet on the BOSU)

Upper Body:
Repeat this 2X while standing on the bubble side of the BOSU using 5-8 lb weights: 
4 bicep curls
4 front raises
4 tricep extensions
4 rows
10 push ups 

Repeat Core, then cool down! Simple! 

And that's all for today. Happy Tuesday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment