1. Spending an extra 15 minutes this morning to cook up some eggs to enjoy with Sam. It's not often we have time to eat breakfast together. It was a sweet moment to be in each others presence and relax before the day began....maybe we should do this more often.
2. Kona has to make it on this list. Other than Sam, she's the love of my life! She's been doing this kooky thing with her ears in the morning lately that just melts my heart, I haven't captured it on camera yet, but just trust me on this, she rocks my socks and knows how to make me smile even when I don't want to.
3. My family. Weston's hockey team is traveling to Nationals this weekend, which is fantastic, we're all so proud of him. If you're in the Paso Robles area, check out last weeks Paso Press for a great article on him and the journey from roller hockey to ice hockey. My parents are packing up and heading east to watch him play too! It's so wonderful to know the kind of support that kid has, the kind of support Sam and I have (I've got some pretty darn cool in-laws!) and how awesome my whole family is!
4. New friends. It seems since the wedding, Sam and I have really expanded our friendships, mostly in the "couple" friends. Which I think is fantastic, we're lovin' game nights!
5. A new job. Not sure yet if it's my dream job....actually I know it's not. But sometimes you've got to take the risk in hopes of other doors opening. And it certainly is a blessing for both Sam and I to have full-time benefit eligible jobs in times like this where many people can hardly find work.
6. Etsy. Maybe it's because it's wedding season, or soon to be, but Floral+Ivory has slowly but surely picked up the pace a bit. I'm so grateful for a little boost in income and I LOVE knowing that I had a hand in someone's special wedding day. I'm praying the sales keep coming, and I'm praying I find some time soon to restock the store with new things!
7. Working out. Gosh, hitting the gym, even with the stress of having to teach the class, rather than just partake in it, is such a stress reliever. I'm healthier now than I've ever been, and it feels so good. Sometimes I can even get Sam to come with me, and it's so fun to work out with him! And knowing the difference that I might be having on someone else's life is awesome, I truly hope that I can impact my students in a positive way, challenge them, and help them see all the benefits that a healthy lifestyle can have.
8. Old friends.In combination with the newbies, has been so much fun lately! We're looking forward to weddings, summer camping trips, lunch dates, and so much more. As these relationships have grown, it's been great to collect memories and make new ones. I'm looking forward to many more years with these guys! And who knows...maybe our kids will even like each other when the day comes ;)
9. Sewing.Thanks to my good friend, Bethany, I finally started sewing my quilt that I've been talking about for ages. It's been so therapeutic, to come home and turn on some soft music with a cup of tea or coffee and listen to the hum of the machine. Watching the progress has been fun too, it's slowly coming along, I can't wait to bind it all together and show it off!
10. Our home. Much like my quilt, our home is a work in progress. Sam and I recently sat down and discussed all the ideas and projects that we want to accomplish to make our home extra comfy and US. I'm planning on posting that list soon, as a way to keep us accountable for starting and finishing these things. But on top of all the decorating and projects and whatnot, in the big picture, we're just so lucky to have a home to call our own, something we own and can paint whatever color we want, to have our friends over for BBQ, to have an office to sew in, to give my wonderful brother a place to stay, a backyard for Kona to play in, a mailbox to catch all the lovelies that come our way. It's just wonderful!
What about you? What are your Top 10 Best Things right now? Care to share -- leave a comment and say hello!