Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Workout #10: Spring Break 13'

Well, for NAU, spring break is right around the corner. And in honor of that, our gym puts on a spring break challenge to encourage students to get to as many classes as possible before spring break. I put together a 20 minute ab workout for class tonight, which I thought went really well. It made my abs burn, and heart rate rise, and left me feeling strong and ready for a bikini.

To start class off, we warmed up with suicides across the room, we did 5 jumping jacks, high knees across the room, then 5 push ups. High knees back, 7 jumping jacks, high knees, 8 push ups...all the way to 10 push ups.....make sense??

The workout included 5 sets of tabata abs, each with 2 different exercises. We repeated each tabata 2X for a total of 2 minutes per tabata. We repeated the workout for a total of a 20 minute ab shred! Here it is, posted on a picture of Jamaica for motivation!


I hope you enjoy this as much as I did! And if you're like me, and don't get to participate in spring break this year, I hope you take a moment to enjoy something festive -- I'm enjoying a glass of wine on my patio after work, but if the weather isn't so great still in your neck of the woods, maybe bring some pretty flowers home to liven up you house!

For more of my workouts, check back at my Fitness page (right side of the blog), or click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment